Pages

Saturday 26 February 2011

Netgear DG834G and DNG2000 Strip Down



So this week I had my newer Netgear DG834G die on me. I've had this a few years now and even went back to using it over a newer DNG2000. So as both have stopped working correctly, Switch has died in the DNG2000 and WiFi has died in the DG834G, I decided to pull them apart and see whats inside.

Images have been uploaded at full size so people can get in for a closer look by clicking on image.

First up is the older DG834G which has devices only on the top and a plug in WiFi card. Standard Router Ti chip and Switch IC. Note the main Router chips get quite hot to touch.


Next is the DGN2000 which has the same (assume) Switch IC now with heat sink. The router IC also has a heat sink now and you will notice there are now two RAM chips (on on the back). Its also looks to have two switch mode power supplies and you can but notice the two large caps that support the on board WiFi section.

No comments: